Fall 2019: Danie Forero

During the 2019 fall break thanks to a travel grant from the Art and Art History Department, I had the opportunity to visit San Antonio and Houston Texas. The focus of my trip to Texas was to research and view artwork created by Latino artists, as I was preparing for the senior exhibition. I was interested in viewing works that related to cultural experiences of Latinos in the U.S. especially those in Texas where the majority of my family resides, as they are an important part of my work.  I went with the hope of going to visit an exhibition of Beatriz Gonzalez whose work was making for the first time was traveling across the U.S. at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. One of my favorite experiences from the trip was visiting the Centro de Artes, which had an ongoing exhibition of art related to Día de los Muertos including works by Posada and contemporary artists like Alex Rubio and Juan R. Fuentes. Centro de Artes was not originally on my list of museums to visit, it was recommended to me by my aunt and it was my favorite museum on the trip. 



Comments

Popular Posts