Fall 2019: Renee Sang


Thanks to the generosity of the Rollins Art Department, I was able to visit Munich, Germany/Bavaria and see the Pinakothek Der Moderne museum. While there, I had the opportunity to see renown pieces by Francis Bacon, Rene Magritte, William de Kooning, and a special Joseph Beuys exhibition. I also had the privilege of attending a unique exhibit in which works were displayed without any accompanying text to encourage viewers to gauge their own personal reflections on the work of art by itself. The Pinakothek Der Moderne is one of the world’s largest museums for modern and contemporary art and it was too easy to get lost in this museum for days. I was also able to produce my own photography and images while in Europe with my 35mm film camera and experiment in preparation for my Senior Year Exhibition. I am highly grateful to have been able to attend this experience!





Comments

Popular Posts