Spring 2019: Sydney Brown


During the summer of 2018, I was able to live on-campus and serve as the curatorial research intern at the Cornell Fine Arts Museum in Winter Park, Florida. The scholarship I received covered the cost of my on-campus housing payment, which allowed me to remain actively engaged in my curatorial research and studies throughout the summer, as well as the cost of registering my internship for academic credit. I was able to conveniently travel to and from my internship site, as well as easily access books and resources from the Olin Library and Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art. I worked alongside CFAM staff to research and compile data on the biographies of several artists being showcased in exhibitions during the summer and fall seasons. Additionally, I designed a tour focused on the intersection of art and political activism that I led upon the completion of my internship. I completed this internship for-credit through Rollins, and I was able to refine my professional and interpersonal skills through my experience. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this internship, and I am grateful to the donors of the scholarship I received. Without this scholarship, I would not have been able to participate in this internship, as I would not have had the funds to cover the costs of living on campus or register it for academic credit.

Comments

Popular Posts